You may be uncertain that duct cleaning is even necessary. But, breathe easy…it most certainly is, especially in our area of Arizona.
With the dust, dirt, pet dander, smoke and accumulating pollutants that accumulate in the air ducts of homes in Tucson and Phoenix, they can get extremely dirty and gross really quickly.
NADCA, the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, recommends cleaning the air ducts at least every 3-5 years. Alaskan actually recommends it more frequently if you suffer from allergies or respiratory illnesses.
Professionally cleaning your air ducts will not only help you breathe easier, but it will positively impact the operations of your heating and cooling system a whole lot more efficiently, too. Getting your air ducts cleaned can not only lead to healthier indoor air, but will also maintain the efficiency that your heat pump or HVAC system works.
Here are more reasons why you should always keep the air ducts cleans:
- Your HVAC System Remains Clean, Too!
- Dust is caused by dirty ducts. Dirty air ducts decrease the cleanliness of your home. Dust and dirt that has settled in the ducts can blow back up through the vents and circulate throughout the home.
- Symptoms of Allergies & Colds Can be Eliminated
- Dirty air ducts are a common cause of allergy symptoms. Air quality is lower when ducts are dirty because it air circulates allergens and other bacteria in the air you are breathing.
- Pet Dander Accumulates in the Air Ducts and Affects the Air Your Breathe
- If you have pets, this greatly affects the air you breathe at home and can trigger allergies, but also accumulating fur and pet hair can collect over time and damage your heat pump or HVAC system.
- Odors Gather in Dirty Ducts and in the Home
If you notice a musty or foul odor in the home or in certain rooms, it may be time to get your ducts checked and cleaned.
If it is time to get the air ducts cleaned at your home, call the Air Duct Cleaning specialists at Alaskan Air Conditioning and Heating.
Learn more about the dirty facts of air ducts here: https://www.alaskanac.com/air-duct-cleaning/