[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” menu_anchor=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”center center” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” parallax_speed=”0.3″ video_mp4=”” video_webm=”” video_ogv=”” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” overlay_color=”” video_preview_image=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” padding_right=””][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” center_content=”no” last=”no” min_height=”” hover_type=”none” link=””][fusion_text]
If we’ve learned anything from our customers by being in the heating and cooling business for decades now, it’s that the customer wants a system that will operate efficiently for a very long time!
A heating or cooling system is a significant investment, and we as much as our customers, want to get as much out of that investment as possible. That means we want you to get a new cooling solution that will last you for years.
In general, most heating and cooling systems will last from 10 to 25 years, but it depends on the HVAC system that you invest in. Even with HVAC maintenance and regular repairs, eventually even the best air conditioners and furnaces will run their course over time.
Here are some of the factors that affect a heating and cooling system’s lifespan:
- Buy a better system up front. Higher efficiency usually means a better system and here’s why: variable speeds “step up” to the amount of cooling and heating called for. That means there is not a simple “on” and “off” to the HVAC system operation. That preserve a system for a long time. Not only that, it saves you money on utility bills because it is only supplying the amount of cooling (and using an amount of energy) needed.
- Good maintenance practices. Get your HVAC system check twice a year: once in the spring and again in the fall for continued high efficiency operation and longer life.
- Regular air filter changes. This is the most frequent cause of HVAC breakdowns…but the easist way to prevent them! In our dusty area of the SW, air filters should be changed no less than every other month. We can show you how to do this if you are uncertain how and where to change the air filter.
- Size your system for your home. Our professional technicians will take significant measurements and look for other factors when configuring your new HVAC system. The key to maximum comfort and continued highest efficiency operation is to properly size the system.
- Use proper installation procedures. NEVER EVER EVER use an unlicensed, uninsured HVAC technician for installation. A bad installation can cost you years off the life of your HVAC system. But, not only that, you could have many other faulty accidents that are highly dangerous if not installed properly.
Of these, poor (or no) maintenance of the HVAC and over/under sizing of the system upfront are the most impactful to the life of a cooling and heating system. Lack of maintenance can lead to accelerated wear and a dramatically shorter life span, while over/under sizing can cause frequent on-and-off cycling, leading to compressor or blower motor failure.
With preventive maintenance, HVAC systems will last longer because small issues are caught before they become bigger problems requiring costly repairs.