In addition to turning your air conditioner thermostat up a couple of degrees, here are other ways to save on energy during this time of heavy usage:
1. Turn off unnecessary lights.
2. Keep curtains closed during the day on the sunny side of the house.
3. Make sure walls and floor vents are open and unobstructed.
4. Avoid using unnecessary appliances.
5. Use ovens, dishwashers, and washers and dryers during off-peak hours, 7-10 PM, after the hottest part of the day.
6. Grill outdoors rather than using indoor stovetops or ovens.